Total Pageviews

Monday, March 31, 2008

Early time for Spinning

Well, I posted that my spinning class (7:15 am) was ending and I had to decide what to do. So... tomorrow I am meeting at 6:00 am to spin. I have everything ready that I need for tomorrow laid out- my workout clothes, my change of clothes, my swimsuit and towel (just in case I decide to go), my breakfast, my coffee thermos, cup, my lunch, my snacks, my bills to be mailed. Yeah, it took me awhile to get all of this together. But there will be no dilly dallying around in the morning when I get up. I usually like to get up and move about in the house- you know fold a few clothes, straighten the cushions on the couch, check my email, put away some dishes, etc. Not tomorrow, it is get up and go. Today at FF, Xand had us do something that I am still finding very difficult. This is starting out in a pike- this means you are standing up and bending over like you are touching your toes. Then you walk your hands out into a pushup position, drop your hips and do a pushup and then walk your hands back into the pike position. UGH!!! Try doing 8 of those. Then.... since he did not think that was hard enough, when you walk yourself into that pushup position instead of going down in a pushup, go down to a slow count of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and then pop back up on 8. Needless to say, I just could not do the second round of this. And we only had to do 8 of each. But it was hard!! I do love to be challenged. I love this class because we all work at our own level. I am up to working with 8 lb dumbbells. I like to raise the weight, but not if it means neglecting my form. I need to have two sets of dumbbells. So that when I start to get sloppy, I can switch to the lighter weight and continue on. I start out on the heavier weight to keep me working harder to improve. It feels great to know when you are getting stronger. And it is great when you can accomplish more than you did last week. I compare myself to me and try not to compare myself with others. I am not them, and they are not me. I just want to be a better me!

No comments: