Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My New Ride


Two of my friends have been wanting me to get a scooter. I had looked at them about a year ago, but a new one was just more than what I wanted to pay. So, you can imagine my excitement when I happened to pass a used dealer of motorcycles on Monday. This just happened to be a fairly good deal. It is a 2005 Honda Metropolitan II with only 630 miles on it. I figured even if I get tired of it soon, I can resell it for close to what I paid for it. The only thing that I did not realize when I bought it was that since it is not a Metropolitan, but a Metropolitan II, it will not go as fast. They quit making the Met II's in 2005. This model will only top 27 mph whereas a Met I will top at about 42. I have found that my comfortable speed is about 22-25 mph. So this is not really bothering me. I can also have something removed off of it and it will then be able to go about 33 mph. One of my friends just happened by where I bought this scooter and talked with the owner who works on motorcycles. If I find out that it is not too expensive to do this, I may go ahead and have that done. Otherwise, I am quite content with riding the back roads of east Texas on my new ride.."The Blue Thunder."

2 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

You would fit in at the Morby beachhouse!

Jen said...

That is TOOOO CUTE! Love it, hot Moma!