Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Motivated

Okay...this is same song...hmmm...what verse? One of my most frequent topics....weight loss... how to lose weight and keep it off.. new tips for weight loss. Well..... I have just spent a weekend with my unome friends. One of my friends lost over 30 lbs. with weight watchers, and has kept it off for over 5 years. She is so consistent and disciplined with her eating habits. I teased her all weekend about being my mentor. Those of you who know me well know that I love to eat. I love all types of food. I can eat just about any food at any time of day. I can eat fried fish, pizza, or enchiladas for breakfast. I also love to drink Dr. Pepper. But she offered me some new tips this weekend. She said it is about quantity. Okay, let me explain what I mean. When you are trying to lose weight and not eat as much, what you want to do is not feel deprived on the quantity of food you eat. So, instead of really eating a big quantity, you feel like you have had quantity. Here is an example.... like eating chips and hot sauce... break the chips into many small pieces and dip in the hot sauce. You are eating smaller bites, but the quantity of pieces is more. Or if you are eating a fat free fig bar, cut it into 8-10 pieces instead of eating it in three bites. So you are enjoying each bite, taking longer to eat it and you don't feel deprived. Now the other information was a little harder to take.... she says, " Dee, you gotta shrink your stomach. You gotta eat less for awhile and maybe be hungry and uncomfortable for awhile until your stomach becomes smaller. " Okay, I am psyched for this. I am motivated! Anyone want to get on board with me? Come on.. let's do it together!

2 comments:

GIGI said...

Last year I lost 30 lbs with diet and a little exercise. Since Thanksgiving I've gained about 6 back. I'm on board . Keep posting your helpful hints.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Well.... hmmmm..... would it make me obsess about food more? :-)

I'm a glutton, no doubts about that. I gobble up whatever doesn't gobble me up first. I LOVE food. I can count on one hand the foods I don't like. I like EVERYTHING.

OK.... I'll take smaller bites and macerate them more and slow down. That may be my key.... slowing down.