Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2009

A Personal Conviction

.... I have had this big conviction about sometimes treating God a little too...... casual. I mean... yes, we are told to go boldly to the throne of God... to ask and we shall receive... to knock and the door will be opened. But.... after reading some old writings from Christians in the past, I see more how our culture treats God with less respect... does anyone know what I am talking about? After reading Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest", I just feel like I need to be more serious.... to approach our Lord with such reverence and awe... and humbleness.. to do less complaining and be so much more thankful. I used to subscribe to this website about real whole food, and the moderator was a Messianic Jew ( a Jew who is still a Jew, but who is a Jew who believes that Jesus is the Son of God). They will not even write the word God, but instead write it as G _ d or L _ _ d. I don't think they even say His name... He is so much to be respected, and His name is above all names. Like I said, this is my conviction, not yours... but definitely something to think about. I feel like in this unsure times of job security, health problems,terrorist threats, etc... that I should know Him better and therefore be joyful in whatever may come. Whatever comes... I will praise Him. I am not there by any means... but I see in older people how so many of them... they seem to be concerned about themselves.. how they feel... what they want... and I am thinking... as we get older... shouldn't it be more about Him and less about us? Oh.. I am so praying that He will change me... to be less of me and more of Him. And I have to confess I am just so self-absorbed. I have a long journey... but what is the saying... a journey begins with the first step.... Hey... I am stepping out. Come join me. I have been encouraged by others that I may be on to something. Speaking with a friend the other day... she was feeling the same way. Like I said... this is my conviction... not yours... but I don't know if I am going to be here a long time... in which case I will need Him so much as I grow older and become feeble... or if I am taken out soon... and I want to know that He is pleased with me... so I better get busy.

No comments: