Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally... Day 33- P90X- Legs and Back

Yea for me!!! I finally got in there at 5:00 p.m. and did my P90X. And you know what? I thought it was going to be such a hard comeback. But I think I was actually stronger. I am thinking that I needed the rest. Well, maybe not two weeks of rest, but definitely the rest. I had to pause it a couple of times because I was also finally cooking dh some dinner. I have been gone, he has been gone. I asked him if he finally liked having a home-cooked meal. It was not the lowest in fat, but I still think quite healthy- meatloaf, corn on the cob, and zipper cream peas. And the meatloaf is made with venison mixed with a small amount of beef fat. I think it was probably not good that he ate close to a whole pound of it. But back to my workout- totally enjoyable. I found out I kinda missed ole Tony. I really like him. I needed his motivation. I am so glad I did my workout today. Now, I just have to get back in the habit. I had my workout clothes on all day. I kept procrastinating because there were so many other things that needed my attention. You all know how that is. But what is more important than getting in shape so we can do all those other things we want to do? You lay off one day, then another, then another, and before long, you have missed two weeks. I must say that is the most I have missed in working out in the past 6 years. I just have one word to say about this ....HABIT!! You must make working out a habit. It must be something that you schedule in and you plan to do everyday. I almost had this fear about going back to it. I think I was just thinking.. oh this is going to be so hard. But like I said... maybe I just needed this long hiatus. So tomorrow is one of my favorite workouts- Kenpo. So wherever you are...jump back in and get moving again. If you get tired.. pause or rest and then continue on. Or do it in sections. Do what you need to do to get yourself moving. Tomorrow I am sure will have many things demanding my attention, but I just have to meet back up with you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dee,
You are SO right! One day off leads to another which leads to another. It's SO EASY to get out of the habit. I also know what you mean about almost having like a fear to start it up again too! But the best thing you said was GET BACK IN THERE! That's right. Even if its only 10 minutes a day to start with..whatever...just do something. Start the habit back up. I have a couple of people on my team (I'm their coach) who started P90X, did 9 days worth and then went out of town for the weekend. That was it. Haven't worked out since and it's been over a month now. I've talked to them--they "want" to do it--but just won't get back in the habit. I feel like my hands are tied as a coach. I want to help them...but how much can I really do through the computer, ya know?
Anyway, you are doing fabulous and with the kind of long-term motivation and diligence you have to exercise, you are going to complete this program wonderfully. Like you mentioned before, it's really not about the "90 days". It's more about life. I will be doing P90X for the rest of my life, I suspect.
On another note, I am about half-way done with my Beth Moore "David" Bible Study. OH how I am enjoying it! It took a couple of weeks to really get into...but now I'm sucked in all the way! ha ha
I can hardly put it down--and I certainly can't do just one days worth when I do sit down to do it. I usually end up doing at least 2-3 days worth! :o)
She certainly has an annointing for bringing out the less obvious details in the Bible!
I hope you're doing well and your mom is adjusting to her new living environment!? I'm sorry it's been a while since I've been to your blog. Life in my neck of the woods has been crazy-busy but I am working on getting it a little more smoothed out.
Keep Pushing Play!
Jen