Total Pageviews

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Wow! Lots of things happening this Labor Day Weekend. We in east Texas have been tuned in to the news watching what Hurricane Gustav was going to do. It is looking like it is not going to be as bad for all of us around here. Beginning last Thursday everyone was topping their gas tanks and buying water and other staples around here. Even though we are not near the coast, we all remember too well the damage here when Rita hit land. We have only had a small amount of rain so far.

Then we have all been getting to know Sarah Palin better. What can I say? I am thrilled to have this conservative Christian on the ticket.

Now on my exercise- I have reached a major breakthrough. Yesterday I ran 1.22 miles and today I made it 2.0 miles. Yea!!! I have said that I am not a runner, and this is what I need to work on. This is the most that I have run in many years. I am trying to push myself and raise the bar. Like I have said, I am disciplined about my exercising, but I am not one to push myself. Last week I made it to FF on Wednesday, I worked in the yard on Thursday, I swam on Friday, I rode my bike on Saturday for about 11 miles, and then ran yesterday and today. I have not decided what I will do tomorrow. I do not have to be at work until about 9:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hey Dee, sounds like you are doing great things with your fitness. I understand the difference between exercising and pushing yourself. Having to keep up somebody else is great motivation!