Total Pageviews

Monday, February 8, 2010

On My Knees

Just today I found out about two couples who are getting a divorce. One is a young newly married couple... irreconcilible differences. The other is an older couple in their 50's married for over 25 years with several children.. adultery. I am so sad for all of these. What God has joined together let no man put asunder. And the two shall become one. ' Til death do us part. So what is the deal? I will tell you what the deal is. Satan moves about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. You think you can go alone up against Satan? Don't you ever believe that!! You must put on the armour of God. You must rely on the Holy Spirit. If you're not a Christian.. forget it.. you don't stand a chance. For some reason we seem to believe that satan is like a football opponent. You know when you are losing in a game.. losing big.. you are 40 points behind. So what happens? The opposing coach puts in his 2nd or 3rd string. He lets up. And we think Satan is the same way. We think he is going to relent and go easy on us. Don't you believe it!!!!! He is going to kick you when you are down. He is never going to let up. He is here to destroy you. And he is here to destroy your marriage, your testimony, your character, and anything that you value. He will go after you, your spouse, and your children. You must seek the Lord God. I am on my knees for these dear people. You know them. Oh, you may not know these exact people. But you know someone like them. We as believers in Christ must be in His Word, be armed, and be ready to pray hard for those we love. I may sound pessimistic, but I am not. I know the end of the story. So does Satan. He knows the end of the story. He will not be the winner. Jesus is the winner. But right now Satan is making hay while he can. Let's all be a praying people. Pray for yourself, your spouse, your children, your friends, this nation. With Christ all things are possible. Greater is He that is within me than is within the world. I am counting on His promises. Meanwhile.. I am weeping and heartbroken for my dear friends. But I am not without hope. I am on my knees.. standing in the gap.

3 comments:

shannonmichaelis said...

praying on my knees with you!

Jen said...

Wow Dee, what an amazing and inspiring post. Even in the midst of hearbreak and destruction, you see the Hope that Christ offers us! So many people don't have that point of view. Every word of that post is RIGHT ON and what we need to hear. Are these couples Christians?
I will be interceeding with you Dee, that they will NOT throw in the towel, but allow Christ to heal their wounds. As badly as they might be hurting, it is nothing compared to the pain Christ endured for our sakes, so we could put our hope and trust and lives in HIS hands. I just watched a marraige that I thought for SURE was OVER (my brother and SIL) be reconciled. They've been living seperately in different cities for a year with completely seperative lives and it seemed as though there was no hope, but as we prayed for them and with them, God was speaking to them each individually and now through some Godly counseling, they have realized that they do have a marriage (of 20+ years) worth saving. Praise the Lord! God is good and He is faithful and HE never lets us down!
Love you Dee! I'm in agreement with you...

Steve/Snuf said...

Preach on, sister! We need that TRUTH daily! Kathy