Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What About Exercise?

Well, yeah....what about exercise? Since that is what this blog was originally about, it is time I blogged about it. Presently, I am still doing my fitness fusion class every MWF. You remember this is core training, lifting weights with dumbbells, a weighted bar or a medicine ball. We do pushups and planks. We do some light cardio. Yes, this is a far cry from what I was doing a year ago. But... due to the continual problem I have had with my plantar faciitis, this is all I can do right now. I probably could swim, and I probably could bike, but the weather has kept me from that. I know... I am sounding like those whiney people that give all the excuses for not exercising. I do need to get back on track. But the best part is that I have not given up or given in... whichever way you want to say it. I still do exercise at least 3 days per week. And this past week I have walked two times for over 3 miles. My foot does bother me when I walk, but I am just pushing through the pain. And... I did finally get my orthotic splint to wear at night to stretch the fascia tendon. I wore it last night and this morning I seemed to be better. I am going to tighten the straps tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. So... get out there and get moving. No excuses!!

No comments: