Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday August 18

Well, usually I have some good title, but today, I just could not come up with anything that was adequate. Last Thursday I did make my evening walk. I did make it to FF before going with dh to take ds to college. He followed in his vehicle as we went in dh's truck and pulled a trailer. The truck started making wierd noises. We pretty much just dumped my son.... no helping to put away dishes, etc, not taking him out to lunch. We needed to get back home because we were worried about the truck. It made it fine, but my dh decided to drive my suburban on Saturday. he was going to spend the night with his 94 year old father an hour's drive away and did not want to chance taking his truck until he had it checked out. He was about 40 miles away when he called me and he was broke down in this car!! Ugh!! We had to wait quite awhile for a tow truck to get the car back home.

I did not make my walk on Friday or Saturday. Sunday evening I decided to run/walk the 3.4 miles to the end of the pavement. I walked for 5 minutes to warm up and then started running and low and behold I made it all the way to the end of the pavement and even turned around and ran a little further. I ran for 20 minutes. This is great for me... I didn't know I had it in me. I am meeting a friend tomorrow morning who is going to help train me to run. Today I will not be doing my walk because after the run last night and the FF this morning, my hips are sore. I hope I will be ready for the early morning run.

I am enjoying this exercise, but I have kinda neglected things around the house- you know like cooking and cleaning and yardwork. So... I better get off this computer and get with it!

No comments: