Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 14, 2008

More Swimming

Today my friend T and I again went to Lake Tejas. This time we swam from one end to the other of the swimming area for 5 laps. We had previously done this for 4 laps. It took me almost 19 minutes. I will have to check out swimming at the pool to know exactly how far that I swam. The lack of vision in the water did not bother me as much this time. I know that I need to continue to do this more and more so that I am comfortable doing an open water swim. I hope that I will have time tomorrow to make it to FF, but I am moving my youngest to A&M.

Monday night as well as Wednesday night and tonight I made the 3.4 mile walk. Tuesday made it impossible because it was lightening and raining. Tonight I added a little aternating running with my walking. I talked to a friend who runs marathons that is going to take me on to help me out with this running. I am looking forward to adding running to my routine. If I can get this running down, I know I will be able to do this triathlon.

One of my good friends who has previously done little exercise is now riding her stationary bike and walking. I am so proud of her. She has committed herself to getting fit. Remember, it is not too late to jump in and do something. Start right now where you are and get moving. You will soon feel so good about yourself and be happy with the new fit you.

No comments: