Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day

Okay... I have some photos from Thanksgiving Day. The first photo is the one we will use for our Christmas card that we send out to friends and family. I just realized this is the first photo I have posted of some of my other family members. Back row is oldest son, youngest son, only daughter and her husband. Front row is husband and his beloved dog and me.
This photo includes oldest son's girlfriend. She took the other photo for the family card. Maybe next year she will be in the Christmas card photo. Who knows?

My dear mother joined us. We usually have just a small group for holidays because right now we are a small family. My sister and her family live in NC, and they don't come for holidays. My husband says my sister may never return to Texas again because she was here the weekend of Hurricane Ike, and was delayed in getting back home. She was here to help us though with the massive cleanup at my mother's house and also on our property. We had so many limbs down that it was lots of work. My father and my brother are deceased. Hence, my family is small. I hope to have a much larger family in the future. I am soon to have my first grandchild. My daughter and son-in-law have decided to withhold learning the sex of the baby. They are going to do it the old fashioned way, and hear those exciting words.... "IT'S A BOY"..... or ......"IT'S A GIRL".

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Problems... arguments... disagreements... hurt feelings... tempers.... oh yeah... we have our share. But laughter... tears of joy.... unforgettable moments.. insightful times.... special bonding.... and lots of love! Yeah we have that too!

My husband's family has also changed. He has lost his mom and two sisters. And he just has one sister and one brother and his father. We are excited that his father and his sister and her husband will be joining us on Christmas Day. Gosh.... I cannot believe that Christmas is three weeks from tomorrow. Whoa... too much to do... I gotta go.

2 comments:

eehoskin said...

Silly girl!!! You know I can't stay away from all of you for too long!!!! Great photo of everyone!

Casey said...

Check out my blog. I tagged you. I know you can think of some random stuff...Does the name Dale come to mind? haha