Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2008

What if.....

What if my foot pain has been caused by one of my orthotics? No kidding... I have two different pair of orthotics. I have had one pair since 2001. They worked great with me. In the last year, my podiatrist fitted me with a more heavy-duty orthotic to wear with my workout shoes. He also refurbished my other one somewhat. Well... I seldom wear the original ones. But after looking at my newest ones, I noticed that the heel seemed to be very indented. I thought, " hmmmm...... I am going to quit wearing those and wear my other ones constantly for a few days and see if it makes a difference." Well, I do not know if it is all in my mind, but today all day long I have worn my oldest orthotic and I can actually walk around with very little pain. I mean... I can still feel this foot pain, but not like I have been feeling it. I am going to continue to walk around with these for the next week, and ice my foot, and then evaluate my pain. Wouldn't that me absolutely positively fantastic if I get free from this chronic pain? I must say that I am having so much more empathy for people with back pain, migraines, joint pain, fibromyalgia, osetoporosis, etc. Chronic pain makes it where you are in a bad mood, you can't enjoy life, you cannot hardly even think because of the pain. I am so hoping that this is my problem. You can either wish me luck or pray for me!

No comments: