Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Listening to Your Body

I totally believe in listening to your body. No one knows how you feel but you. Yesterday I posted that I did not feel like doing my spinning and I opted for the yoga. Today I just felt kinda tired and wiped out, and there are many people I know with various illnesses- bronchitis, influenza, colds, and stomach viruses. So.... I just feel today I will rest up before all the activities I have later in the day. I certainly don't want to start a habit of missing, and this is my first weekday that I have missed. Maybe later today I will try to swim if my schedule allows it. Yesterday my feet were even hurting when I walked. This may just mean that I need some new shoes. But.... I just say listen to how you feel and adjust your exercise accordingly. This morning I plan to spend more time on my spiritual self instead of my physical self. This time of resting will be used to nourish my soul with God's Holy Word. What about you, are you nourishing your spirit as well as your body?

1 comment:

Tish said...

Good Morning Dee! I educated myself on LENT this morning, so I understand more about it and who practices it. I also learned that there is no mention of Ash Wednesday or Lent in the Bible, but rather the practice of wearing sackcloth and ashes, which just means a period of repentance and seeking the Lord. In answer to your 40 day count problem last night, I also discovered that Sundays are not counted in the 40 days before Easter.
I have committed this year to spend more time nourishing my spirit with the sweet presence of the Lord. God is so good to us even though we fail Him daily.