Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today was Different

Today was different for me. Now I really do enjoy going to my classes. But one thing that I do kinda get tired of is leaving my house every day before daylight. I was about to head out the door, and I just changed my mind and decided to do something different. Today I spent some early morning time in prayer and Bible study. I just needed what I have neglected. But don't believe that I skipped my exercise although it would have been easy to do. I like to exercise in the morning because then I have gotten it done. If I wait too long.... sometimes I won't do it. So I got on the treadmill and I did what "Body For Life' recommends. Only I went longer than 20 minutes. But you get warmed up and then increase your speed for a minute and then increase again for a minute and continue and then start the cycle over. Well I have been wanting to jog so I did this on Monday and again today. Here is what I did- walked for 3 minutes at a speed of 3.5 to 4.0 mph, then for one minute I jogged at 4.2, another minute at 4.4, another minute at 4.6, another minute at 4.8, then I went back to 4.0 and started the cycle over. I was able to do 5 cycles, and then a cool down of 4.0 to 3.5 for two minutes. I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I could have walked the 4.2, but it was easier on my legs to jog it. So, I figure I jogged for 20 minutes total and walked for 10. I hope to make this a habit and increase my time and then increase my speed and then take it from the treadmill to the outside. I will see if my knees will hold up to this. Yesterday I did my spinning class which is actually becoming easier to me. I had to work so I did not make the afternoon walk. I have some business this afternoon so I don't know if I will make it to walk this afternoon or not. Tomorrow I am either going to the spin class or swimming. I have not been to the pool all week, and I do want to make it at least once a week. So.... mix up your exercise, but as the saying goes Just Do It!!!!

No comments: