Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mr. Mc

Here is a photo of my father-in-law from last Christmas with my three children. Until the last five years, he has been a very active man. When dh and I were at his house on Monday, I was walking around his yard, and I felt sad. The big garden he always had was grown up in weeds. The rose garden he prepared for his bride of 70 years was no more. The treasured pecan trees were ravaged by squirrels. The big oak tree with the swing was a victim of one of the hurricanes. Even though now he is in frail health, he still has his sense of humor. He is so proud of his children and grandchildren. He says he has been blessed beyond measure with a great family and a great life. I would have to agree. Here's to you Mr. Mc!!

4 comments:

Jen's Journey said...

That is a beautiful photo!

In answer to your question - this is how I make my Plov which is a dish from Uzbekistan and is similar to Spanish paella.

I make mine with brown rice, zucchini, carrots, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and chicken breast grilled with garlic, olive oil and plov seasoning, which you can find easily over here. It is really good!!!

Gregory Anderson said...

I can sit and listen to elderly people tell stories all day.

Maybe you could share some of Mr. Mc's stories with your readers in the future.

It appears you raised your kids well.

Mary said...

Dee you have a beautiful family!
Your FIL looks to be a dear man. And knowing he is a wonderful servant of God makes him even more dearer.

Lee Ann said...

I love this picture!!!! What a wonderful group.