Total Pageviews

Monday, November 10, 2008

My Son Said It Right

Here is a post my 20 year old son wrote on his blog. He is a junior at Texas A&M and he posts once a week on a student blog. I think he said it right. This is what he wrote:

America The Beautiful

November 10th, 2008

Many things have happen over the past week. The most significant was the election of our 44th President of the United States. The election was a pivotal one for America since so many things are up in the air. For the first time in my life, I was able to vote in the election, so that made me pay much closer attention to what was at stake by choosing a particular candidate. I’m not here to talk politics, but instead, I want to talk about the people I am friends with. The vast majority of them really showed me some things this week about themselves. Lots of these people are the people that I would do anything for.

Facebook may be one of the worst things ever invented. If you don’t know what Facebook is, then first get with society, and second be glad you have not been introduced to it. Facebook is a social network that allows people to connect all over the world and share information about themselves including education, photos, and messaging. If you took a poll of college students around America and asked what their number one distraction from school was, I would bet 95% said Facebook was their downfall.

Over the past week, there have been many derogatory comments about our newly elected president. Many of the things people say could even get them in trouble if it was seen by the right people. The people saying this are intelligent, well-educated people who would be better off not letting their political views show.

I may not agree with many of the policies that are presented, but I agree that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world, and we are blessed to live here. So many of my friends continued to update their public profile on Facebook bashing our new president that it got me thinking one thing. Writing stuff about what has happened is not going to change who takes office on January 20, 2009. God has a plan with everything and whatever is meant to happen will happen. Whether the right man for the job has been elected or not, God wanted him to win, and God will take care of his followers as we continue to have faith that He is in charge. More importanly, I hope this shows to think before you act and always remember that we live in a great place where freedom exists and we have the ability to be whatever we want. God Bless you and God Bless America.

1 comment:

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Gig 'em, young Aggie. You are right on.