Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I was driving to work today thinking about my age. I just thought, "Can this be? Am I really this age? I don't feel this old." I am wondering, when you get to be 80 or 90, do you think the same thing? I do know that at 49 years of age, I had a big revelation. I said to myself, "You know you are not going to ever be any better than you are right now if you don't make some changes. This is as good as it will get." This is when I launched into a regular routine of exercise. Now, I don't mean I have consistently exercised for 7 or even 5 days a week since that time. But I do mean that since that day I have been active- exercising from 2 to 6 days a week. It has been part of my life. I started out with walking. For over a year my neighbors and I walked from 6-7 miles a day. Then I joined a health club and worked out with weights at least twice a week along with my walking. This past summer I started swimming. And now I into my fitness and spin classes. So even though I have different modes of exercise, it has consistently been a part of my life for several years. I plan to continue this until the day that I die. If you are not doing anything, then just know that today is going to be the best you are going to feel. This will be as good as you will ever be unless you make those changes. How thankful I am that I had that thought and I made those changes in my life.

No comments: