Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yardwork

I have to mention one of the best exercises and that is doing yardwork. I work in a dental office, and I see people of all ages. The patients I serve that are in their 70's and 80's that come in with a bounce in their step are the ones that do one of two things- they either walk daily or they do yardwork. They have done this for years and they continue to do this as they age. This age business will just kinda sneak up on you. I see people in their 30's and 40's and 50's who don't do any type of physical activity. These become the people in their 60's and 70's who walk stooped over, take baby steps, and cannot get up off the sofa without the use of their arms helping them. So..... I have a choice on who I want to be as I age. I am learning from these older people that I too must either exercise or get out and do some yardwork. So.... I just returned from my FF class and right now I am outta here- out to work in those flower beds.

No comments: