Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Committing in 2014

Gosh, I see it has almost been a year since I last posted on this blog.  I am doing a 30 day Challenge with Chalene Johnson.  It is about determining our push goal, and then adding other goals to advance our push goal.. which is our main goal.   More on that later.
   What I wanted to say today is that on Day 20 of this challenge we were going to commit to something that we find uncomfortable, or hard to do.  What I chose was this, " to blog everyday".  Now that is going to be a big challenge for me because with all the other things I like to do on the computer, blogging is not a thought for me.  I am doing this as a means to keep myself accountable on my fitness.  I decided to blog about my ideas, goals, struggles, setbacks, accomplishments, and anything else regarding my fitness journey.  My biggest challenge with my exercise is staying consistent... I would be termed more as sporadic.  I do it for 4 days and then life interrupts me and I skip for 3 weeks.  It is hard for me to get back on the bandwagon.  But 2014 is a big year for me.  You see.. I will turn the big 6-0!!   So before I list my push goal, I am going to list some of my other goals.
1.  Drink more water- drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces..(no, I am not going to tell you that number)
2.  Follow the diet of Trim Healthy Mama.  More on that later.
3.  Walk or do some sort of cardio 5 days a week.
4.  Strength training 3 days a week.
5.  No sodas, not even diet!!  (this is gonna be hard!)
6.  Get to bed before 10:30 so I can get more sleep.
7.  Keep my food diary so I will know what all I am eating in regard to fats, protein, and carbs, as well as quantity.
8  Speak positive thoughts to myself instead of that negative voice that I keep saying to myself.
9  Do not say to myself, "oh.. I will not worry about that today, I will do that tomorrow."

Which brings me to my push goal.  Originally my push goal was to exercise 30 minutes a day.  But now my push goal is going to be more specific, have an actual time table to it, and all my other goals will help me accomplish my push goal... PUSH GOAL-  lose 35 pounds by December 31, 2014.
Okay.. there I said it.... there is my commitment.. I am committing to have this blog keep me accountable.  I must blog every day which will keep all of these at the front of my mind.

So....here goes,  I am diving in!!

No comments: