Total Pageviews

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday

The beginning of another weekend. Gosh, time is speeding by. The weeks turn into months, the months turn into years... I must say, I continue to thank God for the day he gave me that revelation about getting fit. I will say it again. Five years ago, when I was 49 years old, I said to myself, " You know, this is as good as it is going to get. This is as good as you will look, as good as you will feel, and as healthy as you will be.... unless you make some changes." Thus began my new venture into changing my lifestyle. I had always been active, but maybe only exercising here and there- not consistantly, only sporadically. So I first began walking- and I mean lots of walking- 6-7 miles per day. Then I switched to weight-lifting, and doing cardio on the eliptical or the treadmill or walking the 6 miles. Last year I began swimming and bike riding. And then this January, I began fitness fusion ( consisting of light weight lifting, lunging, planking and core exercises) and spinning. Also, since January, I now exercise at least 5 days a week. I try to do something on the weekend too. My weight loss is minimal, but my inch loss is more noticeable, and I do have more energy and I am much stronger. I do know that I am better than when I began 5 years ago. So I just say, " Start now. Start where you are. Don't compare yourself with others. Just use yourself as your guide. Know that you are going to do more today than you did last year. Know that you are going to bean active participant in control of your health(not just allowing the doctor to control it). You are going to make a difference in the way you look and feel." Believe me, you will not only gain strength and stamina, but your mental health will improve by your new confidence. Be all that God created you to be.

No comments: