Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Master Swimmers

Today I showed up for the master swimmers. They meet each weekday at 5:30 a.m. Yes, that is very early. That means I must leave my house a little after 5:00. I was kinda late when I arrived, and I also had trouble with my goggles so I was even later getting started. Master swimmers is a group that is nationwide. I don't know much about it as far as who sets up the curriculum. I don't know if other groups give swim critiquing or if they are like the one I went to today. Calvin, the instructor, had a poster board and it told all the laps you were supposed to do. I needed instruction. I want to know if I am doing all the strokes properly. Ugh.... But I did what Calvin had written down. I did 8 laps of warm up, followed by 8 laps of kicking without using my arms, then I did 4 laps of pulling with my arms. The next 8 laps were supposed to be alternating flys with free-style. I don't know how to do the butterfly stroke, so I substituted the breast stroke whenever I was supposed to do the fly. I was almost out of time, but I did manage to do 2 more laps of breast stroke. There was much more to be done, but like I said, I ran out of time. The pool was closing for lap swimmers at 7:00 to make way for the swim team. I am going to try and do this again when I can fit it in. I want to be a better swimmer, but I need more help. I made it at 7:15 for FF, but I only stayed 30 minutes because I needed to dry my hair before work. So... I had a great workout today.

No comments: