Total Pageviews

Monday, June 16, 2008

I Did It

Well, I did it. I ordered another bike. Am I crazy? This bike is a hybrid, not actually a road bike, but it is very different from the bike I have now. I will still be able to ride it on country roads, but I also will be able to keep up with others who ride on the road. I have explained the kind of riding I plan to do, and the owners of the bike shop felt this was the best to suit my needs (and my budget). I am also branching out..... I ordered some shoes and clips for my bike, no more pedals for me. Actually, I have never ridden with the clips, but I keep hearing that this should give me a good workout because not only are you pushing on the pedal, but with the clip, the opposite foot will be pulling up on the other pedal; thus, enabling you to cover more territory in less time. Today I did make it to FF. We did around the world lunges. I don't know if this is the correct name or not. But we did left leg front lunge, right leg front leg, left leg side squat, right leg side squat, left leg back lunge, right leg back lunge, and then repeat that for four more times. This can get you quite out of breath. I did want to go swim, but I am still kind of worried about that ear pain that I have had. I stopped at the farmer's market today and got some fresh produce- watermelon, speckled butter beans, green tomatoes, and red tomatoes. My dinner this evening will not be low fat. I also had some squash that needed to be eaten, so tonight's dinner is butter beans, squash dressing, sliced tomatoes, and .....fried green tomatoes. I know, I know, but I just could not help myself. I thawed out some chicken breasts and will grill these, but I plan to take mine in my lunch tomorrow with a mixed green salad. My husband can have his tonight if he feels he has to have some meat. I do need to go through my recipe books and begin preparing more low fat meals. Well, it is off with me to the yard to plant some impatiens in my front flowerbed.

No comments: