Total Pageviews

Monday, June 23, 2008

Keeping Track of What You Eat

You know the only time I have been successful with a large quantity weight loss was with Weight
watchers. I do like how WW has you eat from all the food groups, and you are not allowed to starve yourself. You start out eating more and then when you lose, you eat less. And WW also will give you extra points (meaning extra food) for doing more exercise. But I had a hard time at WW for how they rewarded participants. But then again I guess it was called Weight Watchers and not Fat watchers. What I am trying to say is this... the whole gauge of what WW used was totally based on the scales. Never mind that that person may have lost water and muscle. Hence; this is what I mean about being called weight watchers and not fat watchers. Weighing less on the scales is definitely a goal for me, but not at the expense of losing muscle instead of fat. And unless you are exercising, that is what you will be losing. Having said all of that, I want to tell about a great website where I can keep track of what I eat without going to WW, without having to compute what I have eaten. This site is called www.sparkpeople.com You can type in what you eat along with the quantity and it will compute your calories, carbs, fat, and protein. I gave them my weight, my height, my waist and hip measurements, and they gave me the amount I should lose based on all of this and getting me to a proper BMI. They have exercise goals, personal goals and nuitition notes you can make. They have forums to suit just about any interest you have. Yes, it does take some time to type this in and figure out what all is on this site, but WW takes so much time. This site will add up how many calories you have eaten that day and it will divide it out and show you if you are in your target range for carbs, fats, and proteins. And the best part- IT IS FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: