Total Pageviews

Monday, October 20, 2008

Behind Again

I am behind again on posting the states we are praying for. Some of you are skipping this, and some of you are praying for these. Don't gripe if you are not soliciting the most powerful source available. Saturday we were praying for the states of Missouri and Montana. Yesterday was Nebraska and Nevada, and today is New Hampshire and New Jersey. We continue to pray for the leaders, churches, and Christians in these states. Why Christians? Well, it seems like these days just say that you are trusting God, or that you believe in the power of prayer, or that you are a follower of Jesus Christ. And what do you get? Well you are made to feel like you just asked the Easter Bunny for something. You believe in fairy tales, or you are weak and stand back and do nothing. I intend to continue to pray because I have faith in God. Regardless if the outcome is not what I want, I know that God will set up our government. I believe this by reading His Word. He sets up good kings and bad kings, and He brings them down too. Christians are the target of jokes, hatred, and hey.... talk about intolerance. We are not allowed to say we believe this is the Way, even though that is what Jesus said. For us to believe otherwise is to deny Him as being the Truth. We are tolerant to let you express yourself along with your beliefs, but don't ask me to say that it is right. If that is what you consider is intolerant, the fact that I say it is not true, then yes... I am intolerant. But for you to tell me that I can't say it, then it is you being intolerant of what I believe. Okay... back to my prayer- we are also praying for our Representatives and Senators who serve in the U.S. Congress, that they will govern with God-honoring discernment and preserve the freedoms we enjoy as Americans. We are praying for those who serve as police officers, prosecutors, defenders, judges, and justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, that they would be vigilant in service and wise in judgment. And finally, for the genuine conversion and successful rehabilitation of those who have committed crimes. Yes, I do believe in prayer. I have personal testimony to know the power of God. He has changed me... I am still a work in progress... He continues to work on me, thank you God!

No comments: