Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Stress Test

Friday morning I arrived at my appointment to have my stress test. My appointment was at 11:00 so I saw no need to grab anything to eat. I had my breakfast at 7:00. I should be through quickly to go to lunch. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did not get me into the room until well after 12:30. According to my age, for me to get to 100% of my heart rate, they would have to get me to 166 beats per minute. I got on the treadmill and if you have had one of these, then you know that they start it out at a normal walking pace, then they increase both the speed and the incline. Meanwhile the technician is watching the numbers on the computer screen. And she periodically checked my blood pressure. I only went to phase 3 because she got me to 104% for 3 minutes. The doctor had asked her why she did not go longer and she told him that I was at 104%. I don't know if that meant that they should have had me on longer or not. The strange thing was although I was becoming winded, I never did sweat. I mean.... this was not hard. My spin class would have me dripping wet on my face, the back of my neck, my clothes. Was it because I did not stay at this rate for very long? Or did I just really get my heart rate up at that spin class? Anyway... there was not a great, good, fair, or poor. He said it was either good or bad, and I was good. I knew it was going to be fine because I have not had chest pains from exercise. I really think it is caffeine or stress.

No comments: