Total Pageviews

Friday, October 31, 2008

Our Hunting Camp

Today I made it to fitness fusion. We did lots of squats, lunges, reaches, one-legged stuff. We did a cardio workout with our dumbbells. Clint is my trainer on Fridays, and Clint just loves to be a smarty-pants and give me a hard time. We do an ab workout to the old 60"s song "Wipeout". You know the song. Well on part of it we are doing crunches, and then whenever the music changes, we go into a bicycle ab workout- you know, elbow to the opposite knee. I debated on going swimming this morning and I did not get away from the house soon enough. Yesterday I talked about doing some workout, and NEVER made it to do anything. Yes, I feel so guilty. I am trying to get away right now to go to our hunting camp. I am taking my mountain bike, and maybe I can get a ride in. I am also taking my sewing machine along with my Bible study. I love being out there with my family even though it will only be dh and my youngest son. My older son may make it out there. My dd and sil will not be here this weekend. It is fun to be out there with the other members of the club. I am not a hunter. I just do not want to kill a deer. I certainly do not have any problem with anyone else killing one. I do love to eat venison. I have grown up with my father and brother being hunters and then married a hunter. I have fond memories of going to the deer lease when I was a child. I am thankful that my husband has taught my sons gun safety and they will know how to provide for themselves as well as defend their homes should that ever (God forbid) happen. So all of you be careful this weekend if you are hunting or getting out for Halloween.

4 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I also have fun memories of Lone Star. I was the 10 year old you drove the dune buggy with the hunters to the stands!!!!!

Gregory Anderson said...

I have a feeling the hunting party may exploit your amazing fitness to help drag deceased animals back to camp.

Dee said...

Packsaddle, you are just too funny!

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Dee: Question answered. Many women have taken up hunting and other shooting sports. Remember, Bambi is a fictional character. Personally I'm partial to shotgun sports. Pheasant and quail are more my thing.