Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Men

Yes, the title of this entry is men. I was laying in bed this morning and I was thinking about men. Now, I told you all that I am a Christian, so don't read more into this than what I am writing. Sorry if I disappoint some of you, but this is not meant to be lustful or sexual or sexist. It is only my feelings and what I think. I love men!!! Yes, I do love men and the way that God created them. Now, I might not feel this way at the time if I have to take my car to the mechanic and try to tell him what is wrong with it by the sounds that my car makes. Yeah, you know that look that men give you when you try to explain and they are thinking, " this is one stupid woman!" But I love the way that men look. And I mean that I can look at them like a nice looking car, or a pretty painting, or a beautiful quilt. They can be quite a workmanship. Men can look so good being muscular and then throw some sweat in there. They are doing what they were created to do- be strong and work hard. I love that men don't cry at the drop of a hat. They can be a rock and take charge and make us feel safe and secure. They don't quibble over petty stuff like us females do. They want the bottom line and they begin to work on how to fix it. Now, I must say that I do love Texas men. I don't mean redneck, ignorant, and crude. I mean rugged, tough, and polite. Yes, I love for men to open doors for me, to call me mam, and to offer me the last available chair. I don't want to be "just like them." I have a husband, two sons, one son-in-law, and I love all these men. I have men in my life that are my frends, my neighbors, people I work out with, my boss, my friends' husbands, my father in law, my brothers in law, my pastors, uncles, cousins, etc. Yes, I do love men. I love that they are different from us. So, when I get irritated that they don't think like me and they don't react the way I want, I remind myself that that is what I love about them- they are men! And then I thank God for the women in my life. I will write later why I love women. But today, here is to all the men in my life- I love you guys!

No comments: