Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yesterday and Today

I did double duty yesterday. I went and swam at 6:30 am. I got in 20 laps before my fitness fusion class. The water was actually too warm, but do you think I would tell the lifeguards that? No way!!! Usually the water is too cold and when it is, it makes my ears hurt. So, I was not about to complain. I arrived at my class right before it began at 7:15. The class was full which meant I had to find a place to squeeze in. Also, all the 9 lb bars were taken, so I had to get a 12 lb bar. Surprizingly, I was able to do the exercises with the heavier weight. There were a few that I could not do the entire amount correctly, but nevertheless, I kept up pretty good. Also, at the pool, I had jumped in and taken a shower and washed my hair. My wet hair at the class proved to be very beneficial keeping me pretty cool the entire session. I can see that I will do that again. Now, I don't think I will be able to do the spinning class following swimming.
Today at spinning class we did more of a route where we sprinted more with less tension. We did two standing climbs, but I only did one. I forgot my HRM so I just listened to what my body was telling me. I do like having the HRM to do exactly that-monitor my heart. But, you can still know where you are by following the way your body feels. I might try and walk this afternoon. Almost another week completed. If you are not doing anything, jump in, you are not behind- start where you are.

No comments: