Total Pageviews

Monday, April 28, 2008

Mondays are Hard

Yeah, no doubt about it, Mondays are hard. And they will continue to be hard when you slack off of your exercising on the weekend (Like I did). Today we were small in number in FF- only 4 of us. A small group meant we had ample room to work with the ball. We worked shoulders, biceps, and back along with some lunges and squats. Our work on the ball was again DIFFICULT!!!!! We walked our hands out while planking with our shins on the ball, and then we walked our hands back in. But... after we finished this, we did a plank where we began in a pike position, walked our hands out into a pushup position without the ball, and then walked them back to the pike position. Two weeks ago I could barely do this, and today it became much easier. What I can deduct is this- do those very difficult exercises, challenging yourself, even if you can only do one, two or three. In time, you will continue to get stronger. It just feels great to have that sense of accomplishment. Just keep pushing yourself, and you will go farther than you thought you could. Tomorrow is spinning for me, what are you doing?

4 comments:

vlad said...

You are going great, Dee. Keep on doing what you are doing.
I love riding my bike, but hate walking as much I need to walk. Today for the second time I pushed my bike for about 500 yards (0.30 mi on odometer), then mounted and did my usual ride. Over time I will walk farther before riding the bike.

Dee said...

Hey Vlad,
Do you ever do any weight lifting? I am not talking about something too heavy. Rather maybe 10 lb dumbbells with lots of repetitions.

vlad said...

I have a set of weights, and
work out with barbell three times a week.

Dee said...

You never mentioned it before. That is great. Keep up the good work.