Total Pageviews

Monday, July 28, 2008

100 Degrees

The temperature today is at least 100 degrees and probably higher. I skipped my FF class this morning and stayed home to tend to some things around the house. I had planned to go outside to do some needed yardwork, but I kept putting it off. Then it was so hot, I figured there was no way I could handle the heat doing yardwork. However, I did consent to go with "L" on a bike ride. It is now almost 9:00 p.m. I got home around 8:00, and I am still not cooled down. We left at 5:30. It was hot, sunny, and a hard ride. On part of the ride there were hills and a big headwind. We went about 26 miles. We did not make good time, but I was just sooooo hot! Also, my tires did not have enough air, and "L" said that slowed me down. I was really holding him up. He could have gone much faster without me. I was disappointed in myself. I thought I was in better shape and more conditioned. I am hoping that it was mainly the heat that got to me. I also see that one bottle of water was not enough. I needed more. But I will keep at it! I am not giving up! I have lbs to lose and goals to reach! You all keep going too!

2 comments:

Min said...

26 miles! Good for you! You probably did need a bunch more water, though. I couldn't have done it in the heat either...and I honestly can't remember the last time I rode my bike more than a mile...so don't be so hard on yourself! You did it, you're awesome! (now go drink more water!)

the recipe was for Aussie Bites, those little muffins, in the archives for June. I've received word that you MUST use butter for Founder Mix. =(

Jen's Journey said...

Great job on the 26 miles!!!!! That is HOT! It is another cold and rainy day here. Send some of that good old Texas sunshine over here for me!!!!

Blessings -jen