Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Biking Not Spinning

Well, I have made the decision to keep biking, but no more spinning. I have enjoyed the spinning class, and I do believe it has helped me get in good shape to bike. However, I do not like getting there at 6:00 a.m. especially on a day I do not work. Eliminating spinning will free me up on Tuesday and Thursday. I can either bike here at home or go and swim. I enjoy biking outside so much more than spinning in a closed up room. Tuesday, my DH and I decided to go to the lake. I did not make it to exercise that day. We ended up coming home instead of spending the night because we had some problems with the AC. I made it to my FF class on Wednesday morning. This morning I took off around 7:00 a.m. and rode for about 17 miles. I went half the distance and had breakfast at a local restaurant and then rode back home. The temperature was in the 80's, the sun was not beating down on me, nor was the pavement hot and steamy, and there was alot of shade. Therefore, I now know that until the weather turns cooler, I do much better and enjoy it so much more if I go for my bike ride early in the morning. I will wait until late in the evening if I decide to go for a jog/walk. The temperature here in east Texas continues to go over 100 degrees. The forecast is calling for rain. We certainly do need it. I had my weigh in on Monday, and I had lost another pound. Yea!!! That makes ten! Keeping on track is a constant goal that I must work toward. I do understand why thin people are thin. I realize there are some people blessed with great DNA, and they can eat whatever they want. But I see now that the majority of thin people constantly monitor what they eat. Duh!!! You would have thought I would have known that, but I guess I really never took note of what other people ate before. I have been observing people's eating habits more lately since I have changed mine. It's about time!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Dee,
I'm like you, I prefer to bike/hike/run outside especially during the summer, instead of spinning or running on a treadmill. Being outside always trumps indoor fitness.
And.... if I can do a triathlon, anyone can. You just have to be in it, you don't have to be in it to win it.