Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2008

Over the Weekend- Part 2

And then I got to the riverbank. I walked down to the boatramp and sat down. There was such a solitude that I really cannot describe. Every once in awhile I heard a splash- either from a fish or a turtle. I kept my eyes open for alligators and snakes. But I watched the slow moving river and then I just did what the scriptures say, "Be still and know that I am God." I just sat there as God began to speak to my heart. My heart just overflowed with all the abundance that God has done not just for me, but for all of us who have been blessed to be born in this country. I was just reminded of all the freedoms that we have living here on this American soil. I began to think about all the lives that have been sacrificed on my behalf so that I might be living here in 2008 and enjoying a beautiful day on a bicycle. I couldn't stop praising Him for all that He has done for me. And most especially the supreme sacrifice of the Lord giving His own Son to die instead of me for all my sin. And I began to pray for so many - the saved, the people so dear to me and then some that I just know who have personal needs and the unsaved- those I know who still have not made that decision to trust in the One and Only true God. Yes, some of them are reading this now, and yes.... I do pray for you. I don't know how long I spent on that riverbank, but I know that when I left, I had tears on my face, but joy in my heart. I thought my July 4th might be a lonely one without a big crowd of people to share it with... quite the contrary.. I had a glorious time with me and a party of One.

No comments: