Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 19, 2008

God's Presence

I am still doing my Bible study from the book of Daniel. Daniel was 80 years old when he was thrown into the lion's den, and God miraculously closed the lion's mouth. As I was reading the commentary from Beth Moore and reading God's word about how Daniel truly knew the presence of God, I thought about Moses. When God called Moses and told him to leave Egypt and go to the land He had promised his fathers and indicated to Moses that the Israelites were a stiff necked people, Moses became alarmed that God would send him alone. Moses said, " Lord, I don't want to go if you don't go with me." (Maybe not his exact words). But I so thought of these words while I was gone away from my familiar land. I said to myself, " Lord, I am so glad that You are with me. How would I ever do anything without your presence?" And how thankful I am that God blessed me with enough energy to do these physical activities. How thankful I am that such nice people showed such warm hospitality to me. How thankful I am that I had my friends thinking of me and praying for me. How thankful I am that I had the finances to make this trip. How thankful I am that I got to see the beautiful country of NM and CO. And how thankful I am that God delivered me home safe and sound. I do serve an awesome God. I am blessed to know Him and I am amazed by His presence.