Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ahhhhh........Sleep

Ahhhhh.......Sleep. You don't appreciate how wonderful it is to get a good night's sleep until you are continually deprived of it. When women get older, I guess it is all the hormone fluctuation, they have a hard time getting a good night's sleep. Some of my friends have a hard time getting to sleep. Some of my friends have a hard time staying asleep. Many of my friends take some sort of sleep aide- from sleeping pills to Tylenol PM to Benadryl. Thus far, I have resolved to not take anything. This is not to mean that I am criticizing them. I just don't hardly take a pill for a headache. That is just me. And this does not mean that I won't finally take a sleep aide. But last night, I got a great night's sleep. I slept all night from 11:00 until 5:00 without waking up all night. It sounds like I am talking about a newborn baby. But women my age will certainly identify with what I am saying. So what do you do if you want a good night's sleep? Well from my own experience as well as from what I have read- no caffeine after lunch, no food for at least 3 hours before bedtime, think on pleasant things, and have an uncluttered bedroom. So this morning, when my alarm went off, I just cut it off. I was enjoying my sleep, and I just decided I would miss my spinning class. I hope to later make it to the pool and swim. But if I don't, I will not beat myself up. I will not let one day off affect my habit of exercise. Remember how I continually say to listen to your body. Well... my sluggish body of yesterday is telling my now rested body of today to take a break, and that is what I intend to do!

No comments: