Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Twenty years of Baseball Games

I have been attending my boys' baseball games for twenty years. I started in the spring of 1988 when this young man was 5 months old. It has been a wonderful time in my life. My family has so many memories due to our involvement with baseball. We went through T-ball, Pitching machine, Dixie boys, Dixie youth, three World Series, Dallas select ball, and college ball at three different junior colleges. Now, this one's baseball career has come to an end as he plans to finish his college education at a major university. The smile on his face does not show the feelings of his heart. This is the same for all of us when we go from one phase of life into another. We can look back and cherish the memories, but we must move forward to the new adventure that life has for us. I say thank you to my sons and daughter(she played softball) for all the great times we spent at the ballpark. I am sorry to see it end, but I know before too long I will be there cheering on my grandchildren. Well... I'll have a little break before that time.

No comments: