Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 15, 2008

More Swiss Ball

Xand is determined to get us better and better on the Swiss ball. We use it for planking- front planks, side planks- working our core. We also used an exercise on the ball that was one that we had done on the floor. The one on the floor is an exercise that the chiropractor encouraged me to do to strengthen my back. Now imagine getting on all fours, then lift your right arm straight out in front of you and your left leg straight out behind you. Hold this pose for as long as you can. You need to tighten your body- hold your belly button in and squeeze your rear. Now take it to the ball- you are laying on the ball with your belly button on the middle of the ball. You do the same exercise, lifting your right arm straight out in front and your left leg straight behind you, only now you are finding it more difficult to hold your balance. Hence- you are working your core! Then swap it out with the other arm and leg. You will get better and better at this the more that you do it. Anyway, it was a great workout. That was yesterday. Today was spinning. Yes, I worked hard; I panted; I sweated; I pushed myself; and I totally enjoyed knowing that I had successfully made it through another day of spinning!

No comments: