Total Pageviews

Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 4-P90X- Yoga

How many of you think yoga is easy? Think again.. think P90X yoga. For one thing, it just lasts for too long.. I mean my complaint is doing anything for an hour and a half. I was getting bored and also tired and hot. I quit somewhere around having 50 minutes left, and I just watched for about 10 minutes. I wanted to quit, but I remembered what those "before" photos of me looked like that I took right before. So, I jumped back in and pressed on. I absolutely positively could not do the crane. Who besides a very lightweight person or a dancer or a muscle man could lift themselves onto their forearms? I can't see that after 180 days of P90X ever being able to do that. But it did not stop me from trying. I did like the ab yoga, but it was hard. I know that as time goes on I will get better at these poses. I just need to relax and not think about how much time the yoga is taking. This is one of the problems I am encountering that I have to work through- a much longer workout than my fitness fusion class was. I was used to going from 7:15 to 8:00 a.m. Now all of these workouts are an hour. I still have yet to the the Ab ripper. Maybe I will do that later today. I am about to go to Sam's and Walmart to get more vegetables to eat and maybe some salmon which I forgot to get the other day. So here is my breakfast and lunch for today:

Breakfast- 1/2 hoagie roll with deli turkey meat with dijon mustard
Yes, this is my carb for the day.

Lunch- grilled chicken with asparagus and edamame with a small amount of LF Ranch dressing. I was out of lettuce. I plan to get that today at Sam's.

Okay, I was supposed to weigh in today. I think I gained because of eating all those pistachios and they are so high in sodium. But I am still going to keep doing the best I can. I hope this soon becomes a habit with me.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dee..I had to giggle just a bit at the beginning of this post. I SOOO agree with you. The yoga is SO long and it is NOT easy. It's long and hot and sweaty and boring and quiet and still and BLAH. But that's just my opinion and there are tons of people who love it. I am just much more of a "fast mover" when it comes to my work outs. Anyway, I am so proud of you for doing what you did--taking a break and reflecting on your goal--and then jumping right back in there! That is EXACTLY what you should have done! You are eating great. I showed your blog to my SIL who is about to start P90X. She hasn't exercised in a long time and is a little older than me (43). I could see that she was very intrigued by your blog right away. You are inspiring people already! Keep up the great work!
Ps. I read your e-mail about the homeschool testimony. Let me just say I was blown away. That just blessed me so much! I can't wait to share it with my husband!