Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lunch in Brenham- July 2009


Mimosas at Lake Sam Rayburn Park- June 2009





A fun time with my Unomes in Midland, Texas- July 2009



Galveston- old friends in our classic Charlie's Angel Pose

Magic Carpet Golf in Galveston, Texas- July 2009
Okay, I have finally taken the time to upload these photos from some of my little weekend vacation trips with friends. In June we stayed in a friend's RV. The water felt great. There was a breeze coming off the lake because it was on a point. My friends brought their little Honda Metropolitan Scooters. I took my bicycle. They wanted me to buy a scooter but dh is not in favor of the idea. We had a deck boat there too and took a boat ride to an island. We had grilled burgers one night and taco salad another night. I only spent one night, but stayed through dinner the second night. That is us that morning having mimosas.
I went to visit my very good friend from elementary, junior high, high school, and beyond. We were each others maid of honor/ matron of honor in our weddings. One of the friends was my friend's college friend. She and I became friends after going on trips together 30 years ago. And then an old hs friend who recently moved back in town joined us. We toured a winery, shopped in the beautiful quaint little town of Brenham, listened to a concert on mainstreet, and ate at a cute little tearoom. I enclosed the photo from lunch. My friend has recently relocated her parents from our hometown to Brenham. They both have Parkinson's Disease. So since now she has no ties here, I did not know when I would see her again. Little did I know I would see her in three weeks when I met up again with them in Galveston.
So we (the older Charlie's Angels) got together in Galveston. We joined my friend's husband, daughter, and her friend. I haven't played minature golf in quite awhile. I did not do bad, but nevertheless.. I was next to the last. We ate at Shrimp and Stuff for lunch and The Spot for dinner. It was a great time.
Then we have the photo of my trip to visit one of my Unome friends. We are a group of friends who all went to high school together. We have been meeting together twice a year now since February 2004 when we celebrated turning 50. Our friend from Midland has been traveling to east Texas or Houston to see us, so we decided to go to her. There were only 5 of us that made the trip, but we had a great time. We spent most of the time lounging in her pool. We did get to tour George W. Bush's childhood home before we headed home on that Sunday.
And then last weekend was when I went with friends to the Woodlands. I posted those photos already. Summer is winding down. My college son is here for a few weeks after completing summer school. We are celebrating my husband's 60th birthday next weekend. No big party for him.. just family. And then it will be hunting season and Friday night football. Okay, I gotta wind this up. P90X comes awful early in the morning.








1 comment:

Jen said...

Dee, I think you may lead the most fabulous life of ANYONE I know! I truely HOPE that I will have such a fantastic life when I am your age! You seem to have so many wonderful girlfriends! (Beth Moore would be so proud!! :o)
I've never looked so forward to getting older as I do when I read your blog. Not JUST all the amazing trips and visits with friends you get to have--but look at you--in your 50's and still looking cute as can be, working out to extreme fitness programs like P90X, still married to the same man, still serving Christ with your whole heart! Wow! WHAT a testimony!