Total Pageviews

Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 8-P90X-Plyometrics


Last night I had trouble going to sleep. It was probably close to 1:00 a.m. when I finally did go to sleep. I was quite surprised to see it was almost 9:00 when I woke up. I got me a glass of water and ate a half of banana. I got my workout clothes on and my fan going and began the plyometrics. I would say that on a scale of 1-10, I did a 5. I was able to do some of the exercises, but some of that jumping just hurts my foot, I feel like my whole "trunk" is still moving up while I am on my way down. I did try to do them all. I did have to pause the DVD player several times. I even went and made a bed one time, and then another time put my laundry in the dryer. So I was still moving. Toward the end, I did not do the second go round. The part that is right before the cooldown. I still did probably 53 minutes of workout.. just took me about an hour because of the pauses. I am thinking that the plyometrics may be the hardest workout, but then I have not done the core workout but once when I was just practicing before I really started the program. And tonight I did the Ab ripper X. I won't say that I did it well. Those backward bicycles and climbing the legs are hard. I just did what Tony says, " Do your best and forget the rest." Tomorrow will be a big challenge... my first day to try to do the workout before work. I just have to MAKE myself get up in the morning.


Here is my food intake:


Breakfast- the 1/2 banana

After workout- a drink from HEB with carbs and protein that I will call my recovery drink,

5 egg white omelet with spinach, onion, Laughing Cow cheese, and bell pepper


Snack-lots of pistachios


Lunch- Dr. Pepper from Sam's .....oops


Snack- chicken drumstick


Dinner- deer sausage with wild rice and steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, edamame, and carrots


Snack- other 1/2 of banana


Okay, I have to show you before I end this the cutest smile in the entire world. Now I mean it... and it is not because this is my granddaughter...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dee...that picture is priceless! What a gorgeous baby--and I'm not just saying that because she's your granddaughter!
You are on the right track with your workouts and eating. The plyo is definitely the hardest workout to me...well except for the yoga which I just dislike. I like the plyo one--but all that jumping usually makes me nauseated and I just prefer to do high-intensity cardio in a group setting than alone in my house. But anyway, it sounds like you did great. Taking breaks and doing a minute of housework (making a bed, laundry) is excellent. Like you said, you're still moving but giving your heart rate a chance to come down and little and catch your breath.
The only thing I see in your diet that I would "slap you on the hand for" is the Dr. Pepper...but then I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't admit that I have myself a soda about once a week. I do drink diet soda..but I'm not sure that's any better for me than the regular kind. I guess it's like trading the negative of 170 extra calories for the negative of those unhealthy artificial sweetners.
Anyway, keep pushing play. You're doing fabulous. How is your energy? I've been doing some checking. Do you take a daily vitamin? Also, I think it would be worth it for you to try the Recovery Drink if you are still feeling exhausted and sore after work outs. The people who developed this program (P90X) knew this was going to be an issue and that is WHY they made the recovery drink.
Let me know if you want me to help you order one or if you have any other questions!
Tonight is my last night of the Esther study and then I'm onto David. Can't Wait! :o)