Total Pageviews

Friday, August 21, 2009

In Memory of Randy


I cannot figure out how to get this photo larger. This was taken in 1969 when we were in the 9th grade. This was me with my first boyfriend, Randy. He was the cutest boy in the whole wide world. We were on our way to a country club dance. When we were much younger... like in the fourth grade, he was so shy. He wore a baseball cap and would practically pull it down over his whole face when he had to talk to my father. It was so endearing. Last month I found out that Randy was very ill. I knew that he had a respiratory condition, but I did not know it was that serious. It had been several years since I had seen Randy. But whenever we got together we shared our fondness for each other... good friends... old friends... childhood friends. I had just read the email from a prayer chain telling of how ill Randy was, and I got a phone call from his best friend from our hometown telling me that Randy had died. I was unable to make his funeral service in Marshall. So in a way, it still seems like he is not gone. But when we have our next class reunion, it will certainly become real to me then. I will not see Randy again here on this earth. I just had to make a special post dedicated to my dear childhood friend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear. I does seem strange when we lose childhood friends, it just does not seem real.

Lee Ann said...

What a great tribute to Randy!!! I know he is looking down on you with that special grin!